“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.” ~ Albert Einstein
Does the following resonate with you?
I hear from my clients in leadership that they are overwhelmed with the amount of work they need to get done – and sometimes this makes them procrastinate. I find procrastination is a huge problem with those of us who want to get things done perfectly – or at least mostly perfect! If we can’t do it well, then we push it to the back of our To Do list. This isn’t good time management, I know, but it’s reality!
And my clients also hear (a LOT) from their Inner Critics. They hear things like, “There’s no way you’ll be able to finish all this – so why bother?” or “You’re not a good parent – see how much more time you spend at work than with them, or even when you are home you’re thinking about work.”
What we work on is how to strengthen that Inner Genius voice instead. To stop the Inner Critics draining the energy out of you and igniting your Inner Genius voice to strengthen your goal – leadership presence, confidence, and more.
We explore questions such as:
- What’s stopping you from the leadership success you want right now?
- What’s happening to all those feelings you’re stuffing down of overwhelm, frustration, and irritation?
- How are you helping and hurting yourself and your team at the same time?
- How do you take back control and tap into your Inner Genius more of the time?
From these discussions with my clients I have designed The GENIUS PlanTM. We walk through how you can change your thoughts, which changes the emotions and feelings that arise, which changes the actions you take, which changes the results you get. So if you don’t like all that you’re getting or all that you have right now, focusing on your Inner Genius rather than your Inner Critics will enable you to achieve the success you want (your definition of success). How do you do that? One way is to strengthen your Inner Genius with The GENIUS PlanTM.
GENIUS is an acronym for Gratitude, Emotional Intelligence, Noticing, Imagining, Uniqueness, and Serving. Being intentional in these six areas will strengthen your Inner Genius and enable you to tap into the ability to say yes to the right things and no to the merely good (not great) things. It will enable you to identify where you’re making solid, bold, conscious decisions rather than simply following the rules you were taught or you made up as a kid. It will enable you to get clarity in where you want to go and how you’re going to get there.
Being intentional is key. If you are content and want to be passionate, or if you are unhappy and want to be passionate about your life, your work, your dreams, be intentional in listening to your Inner Genius rather than your Inner Critics.
How can you do that? 4 ways:
- Create a plan to practice gratitude every day, explore what rules are conscious vs unconscious and impacting your decisions, determine how to best nourish your brain for maximum output, imagine what your ideal life would look like and how you can get there, determine what makes you unique, and choose how you will be of service to others around you.
- Read The GENIUS PlanTM explaining more fully what you can do.
- Read my chapter on Strengthening Your Inner Genius in The Change 3 book series.
- Register for the Igniting Inspired Leadership with Your Inner Genius
Are you ready to listen more to your Inner Genius rather than your Inner Critics? What would that look like for you, if you focused more on your Inner Genius? Share with us!
Here are two documents to dig deeper:
- EQ Leadership Competency Chart – put a check mark in the column that best describes where you currently consider yourself in each of the 15 emotional intelligence skills. If you want more information, reach out to us at Info@ApexCatalystGroup.com.
- The GENIUS Plan
For information on leadership, EQ Negotiations, stopping your Inner Critics and strengthening your Inner Genius, or any of our programs, call us at 682.200.1412 or Info@ApexCatalystGroup.com.